H is for ~ Hey You





We all have challenges, fears, and doubt. 

When I hear this song I am picturing him pointing to different individuals. Hey you! And you over there! He is asking for help and compassion - hoping to reach them. He wants them to know they are not alone and feels their pain, do they feel his?

I'm sure there is a deeper meaning to this song and since it was on The Wall, which was a concept album, must be in reference to the Berlin Wall - keeping everyone separated and isolated. 

What better way to control the masses? 


Hey you ! out there on the road 
Always doing what you're told, can you help me 
Hey you ! out there beyond the wall 
Breaking bottles in the hall, can you help me 
Hey you ! don't tell me there's no hope at all 
Together we stand, divided we fall.


~Pink Floyd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I ~ INXS

C ~ (The) Cars

B ~ Beetlejuice