A is for - Another Brick In The Wall (HQ)





I'm not going to claim to be an expert on Pink Floyd or interpret the messages in their lyrics. I am simply going to share songs from a band that kept me out of trouble in high school. Weird, I know. 

My first exposure to Pink Floyd was just after the release of The Wall. One of my uncles was wearing the t-shirt with Another Brick In the Wall logo or design - whatever you want to call it. It was not until I was a sophomore in high school when I actually started listening to them. Of course, this particular track spoke to me because it was rebellious in nature. 


Teenage angst and all that.

It was not until I was much older that I watched the film The Wall

The imagery laid out to the album was simply stunning and shocking - brilliance. 

What was your first impression of Pink Floyd? Fan? 








"We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave those kids alone
Hey! Teachers! Leave those kids alone!
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall."

Another Brick In The Wall
The Wall 
September 10, 1982

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I ~ INXS

C ~ (The) Cars

B ~ Beetlejuice