Eating Healthy~ One Step At A Time

I don't claim to be a nutritionist by any means. I'm sure that this list is far from what most would consider, organic or free range or whatever. I am very pleased with my grocery purchases for this week.




  • 3 single serving salmon steaks from the butcher
  • 2 top sirloin steaks
  • Sliced turkey 
  • Green leaf lettuce (replacing pita bread)
  • Bag o'carrots
  • 2 baskets of strawberries, big basket of blue berries (froze half for smoothies and prepped the rest for snacks during the week)
  • Big bag of snap peas (salad and snacks for the week)
  • Spinach (salads)
  • 2 Necturines (snack and some for white sangria)
  • 2 bottles of white wine (sush!)
  • 1/2 gallon of coconut milk (breakfast smoothies)
  • 2 cucumbers (water, so refreshing)
  • 2 lemons (salmon and dressing)
  • 1 bundle of green onions (salmon, steak, and whatever else for flavor)
  • 1 bag of frozen uncooked shrimp
Plus some misc. items such as, Popchips for the occasional crunch, because I do what I want, personal trainer! Just kidding... anyone want free Popchips? wink

So with this excursion, I was able to get breakfast, lunch and dinner for the week. All fresh and healthy and I spent less than $150.00. Dining out for lunch every weekday is about $55.00 plus the occasional dinner or two at $45.00 each... is already $145 and that is just 7 meals in a week. I spent less for 21 meals + snacks! Not to mention what I already have in my pantry. And I know who touched my food,  me. :-D 

You think fast food is cheaper? Try a combo meal for about $8 and that is without "going large" and don't tell me that you don't do that just to get more for your $$. 

What else makes my shopping visit great? I also used Ibotta. Yesterday's shopping, I earned $5.50 just from buying items I normally buy anyway. Free money I transferred to my PayPal account this morning. Simple and easy and you should try it. It's FREE $$$. I have been using Ibotta for less than a month and have earned over $35.00. Paid for two items on eBay and my monthly music subscription. Boom!




Don't judge me by my refrigerator, aside from some items I need to throw out, my fridge has never looked so healthy.
Changing my eating habits hasn't happened overnight. I have been making adjustments to my diet for the past two years. I still have much more work to do. The key is find healthy foods that are satisfying to the senses. Healthy food is not bland and if what your eating is bland, you are doing "healthy" wrong. Find the sales/deals to help stretch your grocery dollars. Going to your local farmer's market will drastically reduce your costs as well. That is my next goal. Farmer's markets on a regular basis!

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I ~ INXS

C ~ (The) Cars

B ~ Beetlejuice