Big Is Beautiful

Okay, we have all seen the memes. The motivational memes that give us the encouragement to love the bodies we were given. I think it is great to embrace what you are and who you are. Shout it from the mountaintops and don't let anyone make you feel like you are garbage. 

Here is where it gets a little too much. All these big and beautiful women out there posting statuses like "Real mean love curves, bones are for dogs". Really? That is how we choose to invoke our inner plus size goddess? 
First of all real men love real women. It doesn't matter size they happen to be. It doesn't matter what they look like. Anyone that treats anyone poorly simply on their looks needs to take a long hard look at themselves in a mirror. 

So why are we attacking slender women? Threat? Sure it is. I haven't been a plus size woman my whole life. I didn't go through high school chubby. I was thin, super thin in fact that I couldn't find clothes that didn't make me look like a fricken coat rack. Did I get teased? Sure did. "Eat a sandwich!". Oh the good ole'days of kids being mean to each other.... Anyway, the point is that I am now heavier than I have ever been. It effects my movement. How clothes fit and my over all health. My body was not built to hold this extra weight and believe me gals, neither is yours. Period. 

Sleep disorders, stress, diet, lack of exercise, depression, hormonal imbalances all play a part in our over all health. Don't sit there and tell me that you may be overweight but you are healthy because in the end, you are only lying to yourself. Isolate the problem and take care of it. Quit the excuses or projecting on to another groups of people. 

The media is always going to promote the sexy thin women. Let them. Barbie isn't going away. She is a doll. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Through the ages beauty has changed. Either your too fat or your too skinny or you are too short or you are too tall or whatever! 

Find out what will make you feel better. Inside and out. Not your dress size. Your blood sugar level, blood pressure, thyroid, insomnia, and what is causing you to stress out. Get all those checked. Then start figuring out your diet needs. Not crash diets, real food diets. Then get moving. Walk. Park further away from the store. Use the stairs if it is only one floor up. If you have mobility issues, yoga or even just controlled movement. Something. 

You can post and like all these motivating "love your body" memes till the cows come home (no pun intended). It won't change the fact that deep down you want to feel better. Do it for you. 

But you know what? Once you get healthy you will look in the mirror and think to yourself, "damn I have a huge nose".  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I ~ INXS

C ~ (The) Cars

B ~ Beetlejuice