My Blue Apron

The past few months I have been on the hunt for a service that is healthy and convenient. I didn't want anything precooked. I love to cook. I can follow a recipe like no one's business. Am I creative in the kitchen? Well... sometimes. Since I cook for myself I don't get too crazy. I have a busy schedule and really don't like going from store to store. This place has organic meats. That place has farmer's market prices. And the options go on. As far as worrying about buying organic, that is a story for later. I basically don't. My biggest concern is processed foods. High sodium, High Fat.

I love eating real food but it can go to waste easy. Like I said, it's just me. I don't own a microwave for the simple fact that it makes me think about what I'm going to buy to prepare at home. What I can heat up later. Do I do the typical food delivery service or take advantage of the one the local grocery store provides? So one day on my Facebook feed... yes, they were tracking my search efforts and offered up this little diddy.. Blue Apron. I checked it out. Talked to health conscience friends of mine. After weighing the other options and my food budget I decided to take the plunge and boy am I glad I did!

They start by giving you three recipes and all the ingredients to complete each one. They don't have a plan for a single person so I subscribed to the two person option. This option I get basically dinner and lunches for about 4 days. Great deal considering the weekly price.

All ingredients are labeled and pre-measured. I know, I know, but it is helpful for those newly stepping into a kitchen. I personally, know what a carrot looks like but whatever.


Since I get the meat option I typically cook the seafood dish first, the chicken dish the following day, and the beef one last. I am very picky about food being delivered and wasn't sure if I would like this but I do. The meat is good quality and the veggies are fresh. I am trying foods I would never have thought to try on my own. Now, when I do go to the grocery store on non-Blue Apron nights, I pick up stuff that I discovered earlier in my shipments. I even made a little binder to put my recipe sheets in for future reference. It is fun to come home, turn on the radio, pour a glass of wine, then start cooking. The final result is always a treat.
 I wouldn't suggest this service to just anyone. If you have picky eaters in the family, this may not be the best thing to have yet it is a way to introduce different dishes. Cost? I find that it is saving me money since I tend not to dine out as much and I don't have food going to waste. Do I do this every week? No. I can skip weeks anytime I want. The plan is so flexible. I know my family and friends get tired of hearing about Blue Apron so when they see this post they will roll the eyes. LOL But what can I say? I love to share new things  I have discovered that bring joy to my life. My wicked, wicked life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I ~ INXS

C ~ (The) Cars

B ~ Beetlejuice