The Summer of My Fifteenth Year


My neighbor, Maria, shares my love for books. She had mentioned that a good friend of hers had written a story that most would find hard to discuss. I was intrigued, so she let me borrow her copy.

The title itself, The Summer of My Fifteenth Year, gives a little clue to what the story is about.

I tend to read several books at one time and couldn't seem to find the time to read this one. I almost took it back to Maria and told her that I would get to it some other time but something  always stopped me.

Finally, a couple of Sundays ago, I read the entire book in one sitting –– didn't even get up to fix something to eat or stretch my legs.

Geri Spencer Hunter is an amazing story teller. One would have to be in order to write about such a sensitive subject matter.



After I was finished I cried a little –– which is new for me cause it typically takes a lot for me to get emotional, especially from reading.

When I returned Maria's copy to her, I hugged her and thanked her for sharing this book with me. I told her to give her friend a hug as well.

I was out of town last week and asked Maria if she could watch for a package that would be delivered in my absence. She said she would. On my return, she texted me that she had some packages for me. Packages? I was only expecting one. Well, come to find out, Geri Spencer Hunter had sent me my very own signed copy of her book as a birthday gift. I was and am touched by the gesture.

I encourage anyone (over the age of 18) to read this book.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I ~ INXS

C ~ (The) Cars

B ~ Beetlejuice